Arduino Compatible Mega 2560 R3 Plus
The OSEPP Mega 2560 R3 Plus is the bigger brother to the OSEPP Uno board with more flash memory, more SRAM, more EEPROM, and more pins. This board is perfect for projects that require a lot of inputs/outputs or that require more complex programs that cannot fit into the smaller memory of the ATmega328P.
New in R3:
- Added SCL/SDA pins next to AREF header
- Added IOREF pin to power header
- Replaced USB-B connector with more popular mini-USB connector
- Added Molex connector for easy connect to OSEPP sensors and other I2C devices.
- Microcontroller ATmega2560
- Clock Speed 16 MHz
- Flash Memory 256 KB
- SRAM 8 KB
- EEPROM 4 KB
- Operating Voltage 5 V
- Input Voltage 6-12 V
- Digital I/O Pin Count 54 (including 14 for PWM output)
- Analog Input Pin Count 16
- Other Connections
- ICSP for ATmega2560
- DC power connector
- 4-pin latchable Molex connector
- Dimensions 4.23 x 2.13 x 0.61 inches (107.5 x 54.0 x 15.5 mm)
- Power Source USB or external DC power supply
- 8-bit AVR RISC-based microcontroller running at 16 MHz
- 8x more flash and 4x more SRAM and EEPROM than the Uno
- Connects to a computer via a standard USB cable
- Flexible power source (USB or DC power)
- ICSP header for programming microcontroller
- Compatible with existing Arduino software libraries
- Compatible with the Ethernet and Motor Controller Shields
- The ATmega2560 comes with the Arduino bootloader preloaded. There is an ICSP (In-Circuit Serial Programming) header for the ATmega2560 to optionally replace the bootloader.
- As an added precaution, the board comes with a resettable polyfuse on the USB connection path. To prevent damage to the computer’s USB port, the fuse will trip when the current to the port exceeds 500 mA.
- The input and/or output pins are brought out to headers which enable a convenient way to prototype projects without the need of soldering or desoldering.
- This board is based off of the Arduino Mega 2560 designed by Arduino, and is released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License.